Today’s vitamins and your health topic; what health benefits does the cucumber plant offer? The cucumber comes from the plant cucumis sativus which is a part of the gourd family. The cucumber can be eaten raw or cooked. The cucumber has many health benefits so the cucumber should be part of a healthy diet as well as a skin regimen.
Cucumbers contain about 90% water, which helps the cucumber provide a cooling sensation. Cucumbers are placed on the eye to help reduce the swelling and puffiness around the eye, as well as dark circles under the eyes. Cucumbers that are applied to the eyes is an actual treatment that is used world wide.
Cucumbers help to soothe and soften the skin. The cucumber has many useful ingredients to help treat many different skin problems. Cucumbers are a part of many facial beauty products available. The cucumber also holds a cleaning and cleansing property that can help to make the skin soft and supple. Regular drinking of cucumber juice also is beneficial internally as well as externally.
Here is a recipe to help create a glowing, smooth skin.
- Blend 4-5 leafs of fresh mint.
- Peel and deseed a cucumber.
- Puree the mint leaves and the cucumber.
- Beat egg white.
- Add egg white to cucumber mixture.
- Apply evenly to the face for twenty minutes. After twenty minutes, rinse with water and pat dry.
Vitamins and your heatlh wants to encourage you to use the cucumber both in your diet as well as part of your skin regimen.
- Read more vitamins and your health from this article-Cucumber Benefits – A Guarantor For Good Skin.
Learn more about the benefits of the cucumber.